With our inner selves feeling anxious and confused over the outbreak of the Coronavirus it is important now more than ever to look after our physical and mental wellbeing.
Here are ten ideas to get you started: (Items in purple have additional information sheets that can be downloaded by clicking on the text.)
- Establish a daily routine.
- Eat healthily and keep hydrated.
- Take regular exercise.
- Ensure you have quality sleep.
- Practise breathing or mindfulness techniques
- Talk through your worries.
- Keep communicating with others.
- Take part in positive activities (baking, painting, board games, reading together, playing musical instruments and singing).
- Look after each other through being kind when online.
- Keep yourself and your Children safe online.
- Keep a journal.
You may be a young person, parent, carer or teacher who is looking for help or advice. Follow this link to Mentally Healthy Schools who have gathered together some key links to the Anna Freud Centre, Young Minds, Place2Be, Childline and Mind among others.